Many couples struggle with infertility. Fortunately, FCI offers counseling services with 2 licensed clinical psychologists to help couples navigate their way through the emotional highs and lows. Consider the following benefits of fertility counseling to learn more about your options.
There are many benefits of participating in fertility counseling, whether you’re just starting fertility treatments or have been struggling with infertility for some time. Fertility counseling can:
- Help individuals and couples cope with the emotional stress associated with infertility problems, including their diagnosis, failed cycles, and other conception struggles
- Assess and strengthen an individual’s emotional health
- Improve communication and the overall relationship between couples and spouses. This is especially important when infertility struggles take a toll on the integrity of a relationship
- Improve the avenues of communication with family and friends, making it easier to find support from those who are closest to individuals and their partners
- Facilitate and support problem-solving and decision-making strategies, both in daily life and in determining fertility treatment options
- Provide referrals to appropriate resources, including stress-relieving activities such as yoga, meditation, and massage therapy
A number of couples struggle to determine the best time to begin fertility counseling. Many fertility centers recommend participating in counseling services when choosing treatment options, following a pregnancy loss or failed cycle, and when considering whether to use donor gametes. You may also consider fertility counseling when building a family through surrogacy, deciding to end treatment, and forming questions regarding adoption.
At the Fertility Centers of Illinois, we understand that undergoing infertility treatment can be a physically and emotionally exhausting process. Let our clinical psychologists help you explore your options and cope with the challenges by contacting us at (877) 499-8730 today. You can also set up an appointment with one of our Chicago fertility doctors by visiting our website.